Friday, December 7, 2012

Final Reflections


Self-directed Learning / Personal Blog Posts
I feel like I have always been pretty hip on digital culture. This course helped solidify my knowledge and helped me to see everything I know. I feel like blogs and G+ posts were not used as much in the second half of the class as they were in the beginning. However, I am always reading up on Cnet, Android Central, and watching for new interesting topics. I also always read up on lecture topics after class. I think that this furthering of my knowledge really helped my husband and I connect more on his techie level because he is much more hip than I am. The documented self directed learning I have done can be view in my blog archive to the left and G+ posts can be seen on my profile stream.

Collaboration
I acted as the "group leader" of sorts. I handled all of the management and coordinating. I also did the most of putting together the blog. I contributed to the planning of the project and the blog. I acted as a consultant to other groups for the English Society being an outlet. I feel like I was a vital part of the class contributing opinion and most importantly knowledge and experience.


Others’ assistance
I have mentioned how Katie and Greg have been inspirational, informational, etc in the past. I also have to add that I have really gained respect for Casey. I feel like he has taught me a lot in many ways and most importantly contributed in my gaining of more respect for video games in general. I also feel like Curtis has been a vital part of helping to teach copy right. The rest of my group was also very helpful in learning the same material that I was studying at the same time. I feel like everyone in the class had something "assisting" to say at some point as well though.

Digital Literacy

I fee like I have always been pretty digitally literate. More this semester I feel I have become aware and confident of my skills. I have tried to be more conscious of my consuming in making sure I use digital media for positive things. I have tried to follow the news and new happenings more. I have also started using e-books and audio book recently which is something i have been pretty anti in the past. I have become digitally literate in creating with my blog, status posts, etc. I also have downloaded several photography apps and started becoming more of a cell phone photographer. Connecting has always been a huge part of my life. This is the main way I keep in touch with my family and friend not around here. I also have helped connect with my sister as she is looking for a college. I have also taken Facebook, Instagram, etc more seriously rather than wastes of time. I also follow many blogs and I feel like that connects me with the blogging community that makes me feel connected to that little family.



I feel like this was a good semester. There are a lot of things that I would change, but I am glad I took the class-- I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment